How healthy are you?
Do you want to get fit?
Download some stop smoking and weight loss widgets to your own computer
For general live well health advice, click here
[Do you want to lose weight and get active?]
In Mansfield and Ashfield, NHS Nottinghamshire County work with local partners on lots of activities that you can get involved in.
What’s on in Mansfield?
Mansfield District Council work jointly with us to run:
· Change 4 Life activities. Change 4 Life is a national programme aimed at helping families to eat well, move more, and live longer, happier lives. Cook4Life will be starting soon, with cookery demonstrations happening in your area. Keep a look out in your local paper for details
· A 12 week programme on nutrition and exercise for people with medical conditions.
· Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it (MEND) programme for children aged 7-12. The MEND programme is aimed at helping overweight children manage their weight.
· The community allotment – where people can come and do some gardening, and find out more about how to grow, cook and eat vegetables. Click here to find out more about their upcoming events, including the harvest celebration
· Active Choices - free activities around the community including aerobics, Tai Chi, Qi gong, Chair based exercise and circuits.
· Find out how to get Active in Mansfield by visiting the Mansfield Active website here
Have you also seen……?
· Ask Service Across Mansfield – Ask SAM – has lots of information about services in Mansfield, including health services, lifestyle advice, and leisure activities
What’s on in Ashfield?
· Be alive in Ashfield – get some top tips about how to eat healthier food.
· Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it (MEND) programme for children aged 7-12. The MEND programme is aimed at helping overweight children manage their weight and is coming back to Ashfield! Families take part in fun 2-hour sessions, twice a week for 10 weeks.
Do you want to get involved? Families interested in participating should contact Craig Simpson, Physical Activity Officer at Ashfield District Council on 01623 457233 or visit www.mendprogramme.org and click on ‘Join a MEND Programme’. Please note a parent or carer must accompany each child to every session.
· Find out how to get Active in Ashfield by visiting the Ashfield Active website here
Have you also seen……?